Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Farewell

It was my last day in 10th standard and taking up maths exam, I did not perform very well, even tied paper upside down cause of tension. Disappointed and came home very soon, without thinking that missing my friends. I did not even realize that I could have spent few hours with them being it was the last possible chance.

During my higher secondary, I was sure that I could not take more than 64 marks in Chemistry (But 70 needs to be taken to get pass mark), By God grace, Someone has stolen the chemistry question paper somewhere in Salem (Refer 1994 March/April news papers). Tamil Nadu Government made us to rewrite the exam. I did not sleep couple of nights and was preparing on and on and on..., During exam, when there were flying squad checking everyone's packet, I realized that am still keeping few papers, which was used during my morning preparation. I was pissed off, before they found me, I accepted my mistake to them.

Exactly 3 questions (30 marks) were matching with question paper and personnel test, But one of the squad made me to wait 15 minutes. My panic placed me in the next day newspaper for few minutes (thinking the worst possible) along with police :), But squads discussed quite long and allowed me to continue the exam. Even they asked invigilator to give me additional 5 minutes for the exam.

But my heart was pumping @200hp, and were not able to access few of my own flip flops (forgot many chemical equations). Later some how, after finishing the exam, I went home without meeting many of friends (they all went to watch Rajini Movie)

Never been to college, so don't know what is farewell during my education.

It was very painful while leaving Aspire and BharatPlanet, but did not come across much of emotions. Especially in Aspire, many of my team mates left before I did, in BP it was very small team.

But When I left Scope International on 13th April 2007 (Friday), I did not receive my relieving letter till the EOD of the day and on top of that I was planning to share some of my poor tomcat clustering knowledge, but at the end of the clustering session, everyone assembled there, I was in peek of my emotions, and knew that I am leaving the place where my efforts was well recognized and benefited for everyone.

When they asked me to comment about my experience, I said that it was my family and felt so sad for leaving them. I could not comment anything further...

Then everyone dropped a quote about me, though I not necessarily captured their exact words, I tried to recollect as much as possible, Those quotes may be very helpful when I am in need of moral support.

Super Boss - "A trustable resource and shared his knowledge with the rest of the team"
My Boss - Same as Super Boss and I missed what he mentioned extra.
Another Boss - Solved many important issues and he reminisced few of the successful moments of my previous projects. Also mentioned that team will be in challenge without me :-) (Too generous).

Another Upcoming Super Boss - We spoke lot (including technologies) about war, politics, India, economy.., I can able to understand how much team misses him as others worked quite longer than me.
Brother_1 - He was always there when we face an issue, we have taken granted to disturb him at any time.
Brother_2 - Apart from day-to-day solutions, he always thought about where could I fit in whole jigsaw puzzle and suggested me to align my career with organization. He used guide lot. Used care for me. ( I liked this comment )
Brother_3 - Tamil Poem, (To be released soon) - Got a beautiful Mug from him.
Neighborhood (Other teams boss) - This guy had a great energy even at 8:00 PM. Blah, Blah,..
...
Brother_7 - He born with silver spoon of knowledge (needless to say, there was a silver spoon as a gift)

Team gifted me a good watch ( I am yet to use it). Thanks for the gift.

Then I sincerely apologized for being rude many times, and felt disguised for being arrogant in giving my harsh comments. I again apologized for that.

By 8:00PM, I sent my good bye note (as usual with spelling mistakes), Few other guys were already started rushing to their place, where again had few more gifts (USB drive, few pens, etc.,)

Later we were all assembled by the nearest hotel for our dinner.

I would like to convey my gratitude!! to everyone who made the day as special one.

No comments: